"I believed; therefore I have spoken."

Saturday, March 12, 2005

A Lesson…

As a student in the medical school, I learned from my teachers that if a patient needs me & he can come to me, I must not go for him or visit houses. For them, when there is an emergency, the patient must be taken to the ER & there is nothing that I can do in home.
And as I learned I worked…
One day, somebody calls me to see a patient in his home… he was a cousin to me…
I said, when I finish my work I will pass to see him…
Then a second call & a third call & a fourth one from different ones… pass to see him… pass to see him… And I answered in a cool way as always, I will pass when I finish & if there is something urgent, take him to the ER… & their response was, no there is no emergency…
I passed in the night to see… And I would lie if I say that this person has any disease… I stopped all his medications & went home with anger inside me… why all these calls….
I slept without clearing my anger… & that was a Saturday… & for sure, I took a decision to not visit houses anymore…
On Sunday morning, I woke up to see another person coming to me to pass to a house. Why??… to see a patient there… & for sure my response was: “ I don’t visit houses, or take the patient to me or if he is that sick take him to the ER…”.
And, I went to church, always the anger filling my heart…
There, while praying, I heard a voice…
The voice asked me: do you remember?…
You was at your home & god came to you…
Remember, you wasn’t that sick, so you could came to him…
But…
He came to you…
Are you greater than god??…
And I said, of course not….
Forgive me god…
Please forgive me…
When I finished from the church, I came hurry to home, I took my lamp, my stethoscope & I went to see & treat the person that I was asked to…

I learned that even if I knew all the bible, that’s not complete… I must work it & live it…
I learned that in the place & the situation & the time, I’m alive to serve & not to be served…
I learned that I can help even if I’m feeling I’m not helping…I learned that there is a difference between what people say to us & in what go wants from us…

No comments: